- Active Medical Staff Christiana Care Health System Obstetrics and Gynecology Newark Delaware
Vanita Jain, M.D.
About Vanita Jain, M.D.
Vanita Jain, MD serves as a managing partner at the Delaware Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine of Christiana Care. Dr. Jain joined the practice in 2010 after completing fellowship training at the University of Pennsylvania and residency training at the University of Pittsburgh-Magee Womens' Hospital. Dr. Jain is board certified in both specialities of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. She serves as the Medical Director for the inpatient Perinatal Special Care Unit and outpatient High Risk Clinic as part of the Christiana Care Health System. In addition to her clinical and managerial roles within the practice Dr. Jain volunteers on a number of local and national committees including past service to the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (SMFM) Board of Directors, past Chair of the SMFM Coding Committee, Advisory Board Member of the SMFM Practice Management Committee, Liaison member to the American College of Ob/Gyn (ACOG) Committee on Health Economics and as former State ACOG Treasurer, Vice Chair & Legislative Chair. Dr. Jain is the current Co-Chair for Delaware's Maternal Mortality Review Committee and continues to work closely within Christiana Care on various quality and protocol development projects within her own practice but also with the Department of Ob/Gyn. Dr. Jain believes in service through education participating in teaching for medical students, residents and fellows as an adjunct community faculty member for Thomas Jefferson University School of Medicine. She also serves as a volunteer reviewer for research articles submitted to the American Journal of Ob/Gyn (AJOG). Dr. Jain is passionate about care for all persons in Delaware as represented by her service work and impacted by living in Kent County for over 10 years. As the practice expands south to better serve our Delaware community Dr. Jain strongly supports collaborative care models. She welcomes the opportunity to work with colleagues and patients across Delaware to improve health outcomes and reduce maternal morbidity.
- General Obstetrics & Gynecology - Written Boards 2007, Oral Boards 2010
- 2013 Board Certified in Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- 1997 - 1999: 6 year B.A/M.D Program, Lehigh University, Bethlehem Pennsylvania
- 1999 - 2003: M.D, Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- 2003 - 2007: Residency Program, Magee-Women's Hospital, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
- 2006 - 2006: Research Externship - WHO Clinical Site, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen Thailand
- 2007 - 2008: Certificate Program Clinical Research and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2007 - 2010: Fellowship Program, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- 2011: Golden Apple Award for Teaching Excellence, Christiana Care Health Services, Inc
- 2003: Drexel University Humanities Scholar
- 2000: Drexel University Bridging the Gaps Clinical Scholar
- 1999: Lehigh University Phi Beta Kappa
- 1999: Lehigh University Dean's Scholar
- 1999: Lehigh University College Scholar
- 1998: Lehigh University Phi Beta Delta International Scholar
- 1998: Lehigh University Phi Eta Sigma Freshman Scholar
- Burd I, Srinivas SK, Dharan V, Pare E, Wang E. Is ultrasound assessment of fetal weight influenced by formula selection? Journal of Ultrasound Med 2009; 28: 1018-1024
- Dharan V, Ludmir J. Alternative treatment for a short cervix: The cervical pessary. Seminars in Perinatology 2009; 33: 338-34
- Dharan V, Parviainen EK. Psychosocial and Environmental Pregnancy Risks. eMedicine from WebMD. Updated December 29th, 2010. Available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/259346-overview
- Dharan V, Srinivas SK, Parry S, Ratcliffe SJ, Macones G. Pregestational Diabetes: a risk factor for vaginal birth after cesarean section failure? American Journal of Perinatology 2010; 27(3): 265- 270
- Opotowsky AR, Shellenberger D, Dharan V, Pare E, Norwood WI, Webb GD, Donner R. Successful pregnancies in two women with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Congenital Heart Disease 2010.
- Jain VD, Moghbeli N, Webb G, Elovitz M, Srinivas S, Pare E. Maternal congenital heart disease: The effect of a systemic right ventricle. Congenital Heart Disease 2011; Mar 6(2): 147-150
- Jain VD, Sciscione AC. Considerations in membrane resealing after preterm premature rupture of membranes. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology 2011; June 54(2): 351-357
- Dharan V, Elovitz MA. Preterm Labor. NMS: Obstetrics and Gynecology 7th edition. Accepted, in press
- Dharan V, Wang E. Substance Abuse in Pregnancy. NMS: Obstetrics and Gynecology, 7th edition. Accepted, in press
- Dharan V, Parviainen EK. Psychosocial and Environmental Pregnancy Risks. eMedicine from WebMD. July 2007. Updated July 02, 2012. available at: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/259346-overview