- Clinical Assistant Professor Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University Philadelphia, PA
- Active Medical Staff Christiana Care Health System Obstetrics and Gynecology Newark Delaware
James S. Manley, M.D.
About James S. Manley, M.D.
James Manley, MD serves as a managing partner of the Delaware Center of Maternal and Fetal Medicine of Christiana Care. He is also the Director of the OBGYN Ultrasound Program.
Dr. Manley graduated from the Jefferson Medical College in 1986 and completed his OB/GYN residency at the Medical Center of Delaware in 1990. After completing fellowship training in maternal fetal medicine at Pennsylvania Hospital in 1992, he returned to Christiana Care Health System (then called Medical Center of Delaware) to serve as Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician. He remained with Christiana Care Health System for the next 13 years. He also held faculty positions at Jefferson Medical College. Dr. Manley is board certified in both specialties of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. In 2005, Dr. Manley left Christiana Care Health System to create the Delaware Center of Maternal and Fetal Medicine, LLC. He merged with Christiana Care Health System in 2007 along with partners, Dr. Sciscione and Dr. Shlossman to become The Delaware Center of Maternal and Fetal Medicine of Christiana Care. Dr. Manley’s interests include placenta accreta, metabolic syndrome/gestational diabetes and GYN ultrasound. Dr. Manley is married to Dawn Cesarini Manley, M.D. (Obstetrician and Gynecologist) and has 4 sons.
- 2001-present Board Certified in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- 1993-present Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1978-1982 B.S. Biology, Albright College
- 1982-1986 M.D. Jefferson Medical College
- 1986-1990 Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Center of Delaware
- 1990-1992 Fellow, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Pennsylvania Hospital
- Material and Fetal Medicine - Board Certified
- Obstetrics-Gynecology - Board Certified
- Residency in Obstetrics And Gynecology, Medical Center of Delaware
- Preterm labor syndrome
- Sciscione A, Ivester T, Largoza M, Manley J, Shlossman P, Mulla W, Colmorgen G. Acute Pulmonary Edema in Pregnancy, Obstet Gynecol 2003; 101(3):511-5.
- Sciscione A, Manley J, Shlossman P. “Letter to the Editor” on: Treatment of early preterm spontaneous rupture of membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 187(3):818-9, 2002.
- A. Sciscione, P. Wilson, M. Loomis, S. Johnson, M. Pollock, A. O’Shea, M. Rode, J. Manley.
- Lamellar Body Count Compared to the Fetal Lung Maturity (FLM)tm for the Prediction of Pulmonary Maturity. Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2002, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Kelly S, Pollock M, Maas B, LeFebvre C, Manley J, Sciscione A. Early Transvaginal Sonography versus Early Cerclage in Women with an Unclear History of Incompetent Cervix. Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:1097, 2001.
- Sciscione A, Manley J, Shlossman P, Martin E, Lankiewicz M, Pollock M, Colmorgen G.
- Fibrin Sealants: A Potential Treatment for Preterm Premature Rupture of the Membranes.
- Am J Obstet Gynecol, 184(3):368-73; 2001.
- Sciscione A, Nguyen L, Manley J, Pollock M, Maas B, Colmorgen G. A Randomized Prospective Comparison of the Foley Catheter to Intravaginal Misoprostol for Preinduction Cervical Ripening. Obstet Gynecol, 97(4):603-7; 2001.